3. How to Prepare for a Short Sale
If a homeowner is facing foreclosure and wishes to explore short selling their home as an alternative, it is crucial to get help from a trusted real estate agent. With the agent’s help, this is how the homeowner will prepare to short sell their home:
- Agreement. The homeowner must get the lender to agree to sell the home at a loss.
- Documentation. If the lender agrees to a short sale, the homeowner will need to provide documentation to the lender indicating that he or she is financially incapable of paying for the loan. It depends on the lender, but the documentation usually required can include:
- A hardship letter explaining why the homeowner is unable to pay the mortgage.
- Recent tax return forms, W2 forms, and/or 1099s.
- Recent paystubs.
- Financial statement detailing list of assets and liabilities.
- Consultation. The last thing a financially stressed homeowner needs is more financial stress. The homeowner should consult with an attorney to find out whether or not difference between what the home is worth and what the home sells for will be taxed.
- Communication. Everyone needs to communicate during this process. The homeowner needs to communicate with the lender to make sure the lender has everything needed to apply for the short sale. The homeowner and the lender need to be in constant contact with potential buyers to make sure they stick around.
Do These Real Estate Tips Really Apply to YOU?
We've learned these tips through years of experience as top real estate agents. But we know that YOUR situation might be different. That's why we're here.
It's our job to personally advise homebuyers and sellers. Ask us if any tip that we've included here really applies to your situation.
Do any of these tips raise questions for you? Didn't find what you're looking for? Let us know! We are happy to answer ANY questions. It's our job! There's no obligation, and we promise to get back to you quickly...
What tropical haven is back in vogue, attracting celebrities like Cher, Madonna, and Sylvester Stallone, who have homes here?
Made up of 17 islands in Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach is the "American Riviera" and famous for its tropical beauty.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
RE/MAX on the Coast
836 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
Sherlyn Waghalter is the Broker/Owner of RE/MAX on the Coast. She is one of the leading Realtors in Northwest Florida and considered to be one of the foremost experts on the area. Sherlyn has received numerous accolades, including being selected as the Emerging Business Leader in Pensacola, FL, in 2005 and joining the RE/MAX Hall of Fame in 2006.
Sherlyn understands the process of relocating: She moved from Baton Rouge, LA, with her spouse and three children in 1995 and quickly learned about what the region has to offer with its schools, hospitals, and events. She is actively involved in the community, participating in the Junior League of Pensacola (sustainer), IMPACT 100, Greater Pensacola Ladies Tennis League, the Women’s Council of Realtors and as a local school volunteer.
Sherlyn is ranked No. 16 out of 7,000 RE/MAX agents in Florida and is the No. 1 RE/MAX agent in Northwest Florida. Her success can be attributed to knowing her community and treating each of her clients as she would like to be treated. Let Sherlyn put her experience and knowledge of the area to work for you. Call or e-mail her today for information on your next real estate transaction.
www.DiscoverNorthwestFlorida.com is brought to you by
NUMBER1EXPERT in real estate for
Pensacola, Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach, Florida, waterfront properties, condos
Read Sherlyn Waghalter's
Terms of Service,
Free & Without Obligation Pledge
© Homes Media Solutions™, a division of Dominion Enterprises and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.